Research highlighting the positive effects of flowers
Plants in Your Space
Based on several experimental studies, the presence of potted plants has been found to be helpful in many different settings including work, school, and hospitals. In particular, plants have been shown to...
- Lower blood pressure (systolic)
- Improve reaction times
- Increase attentiveness
- Improve attendance (at work and school)
- Raise productivity (at work)
- Improve well-being
- Improve perceptions of the space
- Lower levels of anxiety during recovery from surgery
- Raise job satisfaction
Positive physiological effects in office workers exposed to roses.
Parasympathetic nervous activity was enhanced in office workers exposed to roses, highlighting a simple method for decreasing stress and improving the health of office workers.
- Heart rate measurements were significantly better in subjects exposed to roses, indicating parasympathetic nervous activity was significantly higher while viewing the roses.
Flowers in the Home Make a Positive Impact on Our Lives
Recent behavioral research demonstrates the subtle effects of flowers have on us, for example they have been shown to reduce anxiety and boost energy levels.
Flower Can Improve Concentration and Memory
Being around plants helps people concentrate better in the home and workplace.